Monday, 14 April 2008

Language Ideas

This worked so well today. I have a BBC German CD and phrasebook out from the library. Springy and I played restaurants and then shops. I was the customer and I had to order from the menu (Speisekarte) and didn't talk English to her. She was amazing in terms of comprehension because I barely spoke in English to her (used German, pointing, hand gestures etc) but I guess because of the similarities between English and German and the language roots it makes it easier to work out.

We did shops with her play food (some Haba ones from ninnynoodlenoo and things like pinecones, conkers and so forth). I asked for a lemon, an apple, a pear (ein Birne), strawberry and so on and she had to work it out and bring me the right thing. If she got it wrong I just said "Nein" and shook my head. It worked really well and I'm going to be doing this much more. Immersion through play :)

This is also an excellent link and resource for Comptines (nursery rhymes) in French:

http://comptine.free.fr/

No comments: