Today was about 18 deg C and although there were some slight westerly winds it was warm. We now have Mrs Duck nesting outside our front door. She is hidden in the herb patch there and is very well camoflauged - just not quite enough for humans going past with shopping. Springy thinks it is very exciting to have Mrs Duck nest there.
We went for a 2-hour walk yesterday and spotted cherry blossoms, a few butterflies, bees and so on. Springy wanted to do it again but instead we went to see N and went on a little walk with her instead. The dandelion flowers are bursting out, in time for Beltaine. I love seeing them and Springy found a piece of petal from one, asked what it was and I told her to look closer at the dandelions; she realised it was part of the flower.
We practised our piano earlier - Springy can manage Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star fairly well but she is struggling with Frere Jacques. I noticed that I have started to remember the note positions and am naming them as I play. I hope to get to a level whereby I can play simple nursery rhyme piano from books like Sing Through the Day.
Beaver Scouts has started again this week which is great for Springy. She was talking about having a dog today because then she would "have someone to play with all the time". It's not easy being an only one, if you want to have a brother and sister, and I guess a dog is a good substitute. I'd rather have another baby than a dog though, but the latter may be easier to attain!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment