We have had lovely weather so far. Our daffodils are already out and the crocuses are peaking like baby birds, with their yellow beaks wide open.
Springy was invested in the Beavers this week. She said her promise:
I promise to do my best
To be kind and helpful
and to do my duty to good.
Today (Wednesday, 6th) Springy and I did quite a few beanbag games, performed a puppet play together (using the sea puppets from Ikea) and then went out into the garden. We put the guineapigs in their run and whilst I cleaned out their home, Springy played with them. Then I mowed some of the dry parts of the lawn so it looks a lot neater. Springy watched as I gathered nettles and took them inside to make a nettle vinegar - we also got stung. Later on in the afternoon I waited here for the courier to arrive so Daddy took Springy out to the harbour to feed the ducks, then to get some shopping.
The last few days have been fabulous in terms of the weather. It's been so sunny and the guineapigs have been out again. Springy and I put down some turf today (recycled from where it has grown over flagstones - she watered it and I hope it will patch up some of the bare patches in the garden. We've been planting some more bulbs (gladioli) and have sorted some of the pots out ready for planting later in the season. We have a new lavender and I got some thyme too (it's a very handy medicinal and culinary herb). We made nettle vinegar (gather spring nettle tops, place in jar as full as you can and then add apple cider vinegar - seal for a month or two before using as a salad dressing).
I've been reading through issue 2 of the Living Crafts magazine (http://www.livingcrafts.com/). It's such a lovely read and also many of the crafts in it are simple enough to say "Yes, I'm going to have a go" to (and we have been). I've lost issue 1 and I can't find the Story of the Root Children either (which is not good because it is a perfect seasonal story).
I've been telling Springy the poem Princess Spring from the Enki kindergarten curriculum as well.
Tuesday, 12 February 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment