I've been searching for some good morning songs. The one that we most often sing (and this is one I used to sing years ago when I was a SALT assistant) is:
"Good morning, good morning
How are you today?
Good morning, good morning,
This is what we say"
We also sing:
"I wake in the morning early, and always the very first thing,
is I sit up in bed and I lift up my head
And I sing, and I sing,
When I wake in the morning early"
(Ref: Sing Through the Day with CD).
I found this one (no reference though): Sun wake up its time to talk about another day I wonder what your life will bring upon a goldem way Sun upon the shining Sun upon the way Sun upon the golden way We also like to sing "Morning has broken..."
Down is the Earth
Up is the sky
Here is/are my family/mummy/friends
And here am I
I was reading the Times yesterday (we had lunch in a cafe and they have newspapers there so it was nice to choose from a selection) and there was a feature on a survey of parents and over 80% of them didn't sing to their children. We never stop singing here - singing in the shower, singing in the car, singing whilst washing up, singing whilst going to sleep and so on. We still do nursery rhymes and finger plays and make up our own funny songs ... lots of las, lots of tra las and so on. I could not imagine our lives without singing (and you don't have to be a good singer to sing - singing is about feeling and joyfulness). I think it is very sad that so many people grow up without anyone singing live to them from their hearts (rather than for a profit-driven concert or public display or CD/radio etc).
Friday, 1 February 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment