Saturday, 16 February 2008

Re: Mini trampoline

We finally got a trampoline - it was my Valentine's Day gift and Springy and I now have a daily bounce on it. It's meant to be an easy to fold away one but it took a trip back to where it was purchased from to force it into the ready position and the thought of trying to take it back down again is very daunting.

Springy got to see my old dice collection from my roleplaying days today. I have a mini set and a pink set. I don't think for a minute that roleplaying is suitable for a kindergarten stage child, at least not without major adaptations to remove the violence etc. I'm also aware that at this age and stage they are finding out how to be themselves and don't need an extra personality to work through. However, it will be nice when Springy is older to play D&D because you can learn so much from roleplaying - there is all the maths and statistics, there is the creative art of storytelling, all the painting or drawing and imagining the characters and so forth. That said, I think we could modify the game to work with some of her little doll figures and send them off on a storytelling adventure (which is little different to the way she plays with them already) of a gentle nature.

I forgot to say, we had a lovely moment on one of our car journeys the other day. "Mummy, Daddy, is Harry Potter married to Beatrix Potter?" :)

No comments: