Since I last posted Springy has had another maths lesson with a private tutor. Sometimes it's hard to be objective when you're are home educating so C and I decided that a series of three lessons over three weeks would be a good idea. We certainly found a great tutor and Springy has progressed in a positive way. It also helped that the tutor had a puppy at home.
Today we went out in our little rowing boat which was great fun. We saw 3 egrets and a very big black-backed gull. We had to be careful not to get in the way of some of the yachts that were about and their wakes.
I've got several books lined up on Native American buildings for reading (as usual here, one has gone missing in the collage of chaos). We also have Farmer Boy and Schoolhouse in the Parlour by Rebecca Caudhill as read alouds.
Springy finished her Magic Book so it's time to move onto a new one. I'm feeling a little more confident and have been reading various educational materials to keep inspired. We never stop for summer holidays so we're not really about to start a new year as such. I feel we're still in the Class Two zone for some things developmentally but that also Springy responded well over the summer to many of the Class Three elements that were introduced.
This morning in her maths lesson she was asked about solving a puzzle. She had to get four people across to an island by a boat. There were 2 men and 2 women. The rules were that the boat could only carry up to two women or one man so she had to work out the sequence.
Monday, 30 August 2010
End of August
Labels:
class three,
class two,
Enki education,
maths,
Second Grade,
Steiner Waldorf,
Third Grade
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment