Wow - it's been a very hard year. I spent a lot of that time in college and it was hard going. However, back to home education.
Springy saw a maths tutor the other day who said she's not a natural mathematician but meant it nicely. I've known for a while that Springy often does things really well one day and then seems to have forgotten it all a day or even an hour later. It can be quite frustrating but I guess that is part of education and learning - it's not a linear path.
I nearly moved forward with class Three stuff - farming and Old Testament stuff. In fact we have done a few bits from these areas because we can easily watch arable farming around us and also we've been growing quite a few things as per usual so we have our own "crops". Springy also made a tipi in the garden using bamboo poles and a sheet and we've done a bit on Native American First Peoples stories. From the Old Testament we have heard the stories of Adam and Eve, Noah and the Flood and Joseph and His Coat. However, I've been aware that maybe we need to do some revisiting of Second Grade/Class Two Steiner Waldorf stuff because last year, although we home educated, we did little in the way of Main Lesson fun.
Thursday, 19 August 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment