Saturday, 25 July 2009

The Cat Who Decided

We still have our gorgeous dog. She's such an adorable dog, with spaniel-like ears and looks nothing like a Shih Tzu and more like a Tibetan Spaniel. She's out for a walk now with C and Springy. She can do high fives, sit, down, jump, woof and so on.

Our last read aloud was The Cat Who Decided by Margaret Forrester and at the end I cried. It was a wonderful story about a cat who does indeed get to decide on who his family is.

We just got Miquon Maths - the red and the blue book which I hope is the level where Springy is at and a little bit extra. We also have the Sonlight Science kit and Instructors Guides. I'm managing quite well with removing the Creationism stuff and don't feel at all offended by its inclusion (each to their own is something I've learnt a lot of with home education).

I just found these mandalas for Springy:
http://www.kidsweb.de/basteln/mandala/tier_mandala.htm

Springy's two wonderful Beaver leaders left this term and she made a knitting fork belt for each of them as a gift. She's really good at doing that now. I just need to get my confidence up with regular knitting so that she feels more confident about it (she can do it). I'm using feather yarn to make a scarf at the moment. It's really difficult to use as it's difficult to see and feel the stitches. However, I hope that when it is ready then Springy can use it as a dressing up item and pretend to be a bird with wings etc.

We have some new books for Springy - Magic Hoofbeats, The Year of Miss Agnes and some kind of unicorn book (from a series) called The Magic Bracelet. I need to get her book 1 of the latter though as I didn't realise they were a series. I've been using the Sonlight reading list ideas along with Chinaberry. It's a shame neither have a UK branch but it would be too costly to buy from them direct and then have them shipped over.

No comments: