Saturday, 1 August 2009

Writing workshop

Springy had a writing workshop at the library today. It was quite funny to see her roll her eyes at the boys who were not listening. She was the only girl there so I wasn't sure if she wanted to stay or whether the subject (a book she hadn't read called beast Quest) was of interest. However, she enjoyed it all and wrote a great amount of detail.

We had a bedtime story last night about a boy and his mud horse. It was from the Enki Education curriculum but I'm certain I've seen the story elsewhere too.

I'm reading a Robert Holdstock book at the moment and want to make another foray into Middle Earth to read The Hobbit. I want some sunshine days to happen next week. I'd like to hire a Rug Doctor to clean our carpets and for that I need good weather. I also want to wash all the bedding and towels again at a 60 deg C wash.

I want to tidy up the garden, mow the lawn and tidy up our lounge so that we can access the blackboard again. I wish I could work out how to re-arrange our home to make it easier to organise everything.

Springy painted a shoebox tonight and decorated it. I think it's meant to be a new room for her Sylvanians or her dollshouse folk.

No comments: