Sunday, 5 July 2009

12 pages

I have written my long 12-page letter to my MP. It was painful and at times I felt like I was going to pass out (I do mean this literally) because of the blurring eyes and headaches and sick feeling that this Review and Consultation have given me.

This will destroy home education if it goes through. It will destroy the right to privacy in our homes. It will eliminate parental responsibility and the state will be able to act in loco parentis for all children regardless of whether there is a need or not.

I was brought up to believe the Government worked for us. I was brought up to believe that as long as I remained well behaved and didn't commit theft or violence then the state would leave me alone. I was brought up thinking that children could not be removed from parents unless there was an issue of abuse.

No comments: