I've still got no voice at the moment and when I do have one it's painful (laryngitis) and I then cough like mad and my sinuses pour like a waterfall (nice image...not!). Home education still has to go on though.
Last night Springy did some tangram pictures.She's still loving her Rainbow Magic books and is onto the second set (given that they are very short she can read one a day). I read her the Michael Hall reader for November as her bedtime story (inbetween coughing and my voice going - not great). At lunchtime she helped me to cook some pasta with some vegetables. She had questions about how the kettle worked (told her in brief it had something called an element in it that worked with electricity and that heated up and thus heated the water and mentioned that in days before kettles, people would have to boil up water over the fire or on the cooker in a pot or with a non-electric kettle).
This recipe for Dundee Cake sounds delicious and I hope to be able to get one ready for C for Christmas: http://www.tashatudorandfamily.com/pdf/receipts_dundee07.pdf
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment