Sunday, 2 November 2008

Rainbow Magic still going strong

Springy's fascination with Rainbow Magic is still going strong. I found a boxed set on The Book People website so ordered it since it is so nice to have her enjoy something.

Last night we were meant to be going to a firework display but it got cancelled because of the weather.

also, last night, I heard a noise when I was in bed and worked out it was coming from the bin next to the toilet. I got up very quietly and sneaked my way across the landing, turned on the light and a little fat, roly poly mouse scurried out of the toilet (room), across my foot and into Springy's room. It was so cute but it really is the enemy at the moment. One has chewed my velvet cloak at the bottom and yes, I'm too old to prance about in elven velvet cloaks these days but it is the principle of it - the mice have to go. I'm not sure how many we have but I am fed up of little poos and wees everywhere. Not only that but it or they raided Springy's dollshouse and chewed to pieces all the little wax fruit that she had made. They also chewed her froggy rucksack a little and destroyed the little nature area with acorns and corn dollies. I have set traps but they seem to be avoiding them and know how to set them off, take the bait but not get caught - smart mice. I have been ensuring that nothing is left out for them in the kitchen. We certainly have less woodlice and spiders than normal so perhaps they have been surviving on these. I keep wondering if I will find out what the major food source is (although everything is in jars and cupboards, swept up crumbs into the bin etc). Hmmm...if one could only talk to them because we do have waste but they just chew on everything.

No comments: