Here is a really useful tool/project/piece of art that can be used to show the times tables to a child (or a grown up):
http://robinsunne.com/robinsunnes_multiplication_clock
I've been interested in learning about Sanskrit which is a good foundation for language studies as well as learning all the richness of the culture - poetry etc.
A story of Gopal:
http://scsmath.org/trove2/btfl_gopal/b_gopal_p00b.html
Something I never have understood is the blatant sexism when it comes to sports in our schools. Boys do football (soccer) and cricket, whereas girls tend to play netball (snooze) and hockey (ouch). Swimming always used to be a nightmare for me - the humiliation of communal changing rooms (especially during and after puberty), dirty floors and so on used to put me off and I never did enjoy school swimming lessons. I remember always being damp for the rest of the day because we'd usually have no hairdryer etc. There is a soccer club for children but as yet we've not done it but I think Springy would like to have a go so next year I'm hoping to be able to take her a few times and see if she likes it. It would be great for co-ordination and the fact that the club is a weekend one, without the sexism of school will, I hope, make a difference.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment