Sunday, 4 November 2007

House schedule

I'm looking at the areas I need to address which affect the way I home educate. I often have a problem with my home being messy (not dirty but untidy).

I'm looking at my schedule:

Daily:
Kitchen - washing up (after every meal or so) and wiping surfaces
Vacuuming - downstairs only
Recycling - taking recycling to bin (it blocks the surface in the kitchen - move recycling bin nearer to address this)

Every other day:
Toilet - upstairs
Bathroom - sink and toilet
Laundry washing

Once a week:
Wash bathroom and kitchen floors with disinfectant (although I know I do this more often)
Wash bedding (difficult to dry it in winter)
Vacuum upstairs (vacuum cleaner is not user friendly)

Fortnightly:
Mow the lawn

Monthly:
Window cleaning - inside and outside

My main blockages are a) my kitchen sink area (which I do try and do so it's clean overnight) b) my kitchen work surfaces (messy husband who leaves lids of jars and forgets to use plates) and c) my daughter's table which is meant to be for her use in terms of painting and so on but often ends up covered with other stuff. They often delay us from doing things and they block all the time. My husband just made laugh - "If you told me you love me more often I would help more!" - :)

And the other place that blocks is the spare bedroom which is our office which has a pile of laundry. Our wardrobe space is severely limited and it makes it difficult to put things away. We live without a real double bedroom - the rooms are all singles and we've managed to squeeze a double into what is our room but it means there is no other furniture in it.

No comments: