Thursday, 4 October 2007

Springy jumped in!

Springy's swimming lesson went well. This week she jumped in from the side without holding on to anyone and went under the water and, thank goodness, came up and smiled. It was the first time she's ever jumped in on her own and she really is almost swimming by herself - she managed a second or two. She keeps putting her head in the water at the pool and also in the bath at home.

French is working out and I really like our new tutor. She seems to understand under 7s need to move about, sing and so on.

Springy is so little at times. She smiles her way through life most of the time. The night before last it was quite upsetting though because she had "forgotten how to sleep". It appears that the Sandman has not been coming to help her sleep; even the Sandmama couldn't help. I ended up sleeping next to Springy and tried to settle her down but she was wriggling away. I felt so sorry for her.

Yesterday and today we cut out all TV, not even 5 minutes. We had cheese for breakfast, followed by a little cereal. We went for a walk in the afternoon and popped to the playground and had some nice storytime and then Springy settled down fine. Tonight I took Springy for a walk in the early evening on her tricycle - a bit more fresh air before bathtime and then we spent the evening colouring drawings (we did a park scene each) and then we had a story (October Little Acorns on St Francis) and The Tiger Who Came To Tea (Springy read it to me).

Update on Springy - she's now taken to reading books in bed. I tell her a bedtime story but then she wants to read a book to herself as well. I'm not going to stop her because I know that we are working within a very holistic approach so all the other stuff is being played and worked upon too. She built an amazing den this evening too using the Disney poncho from Grandma and Grandpa and 2 kitchen stools. This morning she used her cowrie shell as a telephone and held a rather amusing conversation with her daddy. I had to be the shopkeeper who sold it to her, along with the stone sausuage (it's a stone we found at the beach on holiday and it looks just like a sausage!) and a butterfly.

No comments: