I forgot to say that on Monday we got out first pumpkin for the season. Springy and I scooped out the seeds, kept them to roast (lovely with a little olive oil and sea salt in the oven - or even dry roasted) and made a little face (I did that bit with a very sharp knife). The pumpkin is a very traditional looking, plain orange pumpkin but it's a bit early for Halloween in terms of it lasting inside the house (heating - mould) so I think we're going to have a trial run with a candle over the next few evenings and then get another pumpkin/swede/large turnip early on next week. I love this time of year - we had celeriac and turnip mash the other night, with bangers (sausages) and it was so delicious.
We played our Hedgehog Game again (from the Early Learning Centre) which is good fun.
I've found a recipe for a gingerbread house so I'm going to attempt making one for the first time ever this season. We made some delightful gingerbread fairy cakes (cup cakes) recently (must post recipe).
It's half term this week so we've been catching up with some of the families with children in school. I'm ever so glad that we don't have to go back to school next week. We've been able to make use of the bright days and play outside when we can - I'm working my way through the flower beds in terms of weeding and Springy and I have planted crocus and tulip bulbs (the daffodils are already in).
Springy helped me today with work - she stuck labels on for me. She loves doing that - I guess that to her they are stickers.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment