Saturday, 14 July 2007
You're not my friend
I read a story to the small person tonight. It's about a fox cub who is playing with his mummy and then his mummy tells him it's time for bed. He doesn't want to go and tells his mummy "you're not my friend". Naturally, at the end of the story it all turns out all right and they snuggle down in their den for sleep, as friends again. Well, after I finished reading it, certain small person decided to test the story's plot and declared that I was no longer her friend. Distraction often works best in these scenarios so I sat looking out of the window at the sunset and she came to see it too. I was asked to take her back to her room which I did and then, when I left again, after saying "Good night" got a "You are really my friend mummy" moment. :) The joys of stories and 5 year olds.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment