I believe that other languages are so important and small person (hmm need a nickname for here) loves hearing them. We have quite a few of the German Pixi books to read - Rapunzel, The Wolf and the Seven Little Kids. We also have a few CDs in Deutsch.
This is very useful for songs and rhymes:
http://german.about.com/library/blmusik_kinder.htm
For French we have our French tutor (sadly she has another job so won't be available after this week) who we have seen for about 18 months. I also have French language books and an ELC Fun with French CD (songs and rhymes).
Spanish is something I would like to introduce and we also have the name of a Latin teacher somewhere but this will be more formal in the way it is taught so we intend to wait for a year or so on that.
The good thing with home education is that you can learn alongside your child. The problem is many of the foreign language resources are mostly aimed at adults and they seem to be written by soap opera dramatists. They have the most awful plots running through them. I got one out of the library on German (a BBC one) and it seems to be about an Eastern European man trying to stay in Germany and earn a living and take up residency there. It really put me off because I want something that is not dramatic but is more joyous to learn from. Oh well...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment