We had a lovely time at my parents' house. We went to a zoo, to the Chestnut Center for Owls and Otters (if we had gone a week later we would have seen the valley covered in bluebells), and a number of other things.
We went to the library - daughter likes the Oxford Reading Tree books ( we don't have them in our local library) and read a number to me at the library. She had a great time playing with cousins and also children of old friends of mine during our stay as well.
I managed to dye some wool using the leftover pink dye from our boiled Easter eggs. With a capful of vinegar the colour has stayed put (the wool looks like candy floss - it's a cochineal-based dye). Unfortunately we both picked up a bad cold whilst we were away and although daughter has recovered I've got pharyngitis (and I feel useless because I can't read or sing).
Today was French (usually I attend but didn't want to pass this on to the tutor) so daughter went in alone. I noticed daughter doing scissor legs (Enki stuff - well not Enki in origin but she's picked it up through that) around the garden today and she's getting very adventurous on the swing (fell off and bumped her elbow and then re-enacted same thing for daddy to show him how she had fallen off, only this time she bumped her head - fortunately not hard!).
She also went to the playground when the schools had finished. It's a good way to ensure social interaction (with an only child you need to make a lot more effort) by finding a good local playground and going on a regular basis. She has made some friends there who now bound over to her. I think they are fascinated as well because they know she doesn't go to school. After that we went to the library and I found a few knitting books with small items in. I've decided that I will stick to knitting small items because no matter how much I try anything larger eg a jumper goes wrong for me. I also got a feltcraft book out (I'm awful at handicrafts but enjoy doing them and reading up on the theories and then attempting the smallest item possible).
Tonight's dinner was a tagliatelle bolognese - olive oil, celery, carrots, onions, garlic, tomatoes, beef, smoky bacon
Monday, 23 April 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment