Monday, 23 April 2007

Beans and Triops

Our bean thing is growing well - I need to move it to a larger container - but daughter continues to water it every day. The red currant bush seems to be flourishing and the change of soil in the autumn for the blueberries means that they look well - lots of flowers so I hope there will be lots of fruit. I need to weed around the strawberry patch but the raspberry canes look like they will give us a crop again. I'm looking forward to picking our own at the nearby fruit farm as well - last year we saw a hornet in the autumn (beautiful but scary) when we went apple picking.

Our strange crustacean friend (Candle the Triops) is huge - he's about 2 inches in length and zooms about looking for food still. I will really miss him (or her) when he dies because he has been such fun; today, whilst I was chopping the vegetables I could hear him sifting through the stones in his tank, so he's quite good company in the kitchen.

We've been playing lots of card games recently e.g. snap, Top Trumps and daughter seems to recognise a lot of numbers. Tonight she worked out that 10 and 10 is 20 (from counting all her fingers and all her toes).

No comments: