I forgot to update this - our chicken/piggie shed is fine now and has been refitted with a slide lock and a load of bricks to stop ratties and foxes. I think I saw a rat up a tree that goes on the shed roof last night so need to be extra vigilant for them. It could have been a squirrel but we tend not to have any so I'm thinking it may have been a rat. If I see another one or two then we need to sort them out because they can create a problem with small bantams - basically small bantam = takeaway meal!
It's gone so cold today and the westerly winds really add an extra chill. We're going to have bangers and mash tonight for dinner. I love cooking with Springy and she is able to make sandwiches (as well as tell bad jokes about sand witches!). I really enjoyed the soul cakes today because she enjoyed them so much. They're also not too messy to make which means washing up afterwards is simple.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment