I've been working on phonemic awareness with Springy quite a bit recently and in particular making her aware of the sounds as they apply to her oral and nasal areas. For instance, we've been doing fricatives and I've been asking her to "feel" where the sound is. She's picked it up very quickly and seems to be aware.
In terms of vowels and consonants, we have been doing a rather Waldorf-inspired thing with the AAGGGH or AYYY, EEEE or eh, ih/i (as in aye) Ooooo (going on and on) or oh, Uwww/ur and so on. I've been explaining the vowels don't stop and then we got on to mmmm and nnnnnn and the fricatives (since they don't stop either) but she seems to have understood the difference by sensing the feelings that the sounds make and give.
Our Magic book (main lesson book) is coming along well with the capital and lower case letters (4 per page) and also the numbers (one per page but with a drawing). I don't want to overdo them in a Steiner Waldorf way because she knows her letters already but at the same time I wanted her to have a book to look back on and it prepares the way for her to apply her will and to be careful with her "work".
Thursday, 23 October 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment