Sunday, 22 June 2008

Strawberry jam

Our strawberry jam is so delicious. Yesterday we had it with croissants for our breakfast and today we had it on our toast. another favourite breakfast of ours is mackerel - Springy is partial to mackerel and we find that one fish is enough between us (not C) girls.

C used:

1kg strawberries
juice of 1 lemon
250g fructose sugar

You boil up the strawberries after mashing them (and hulling them - which was Springy's job), in a big pot.

Today I was working for most of the time. I've just finished editing a book. Springy and C went for a bicycle ride - Springy didn't want to go on her bike so she just ran alongside C! At the moment they are at the playground (which one I'm not sure) because Springy said she needed to run and play outside. It's a very windy day but it is sunny. My washing is outside on the line (and I hope it doesn't blow away).

Our potatoes were delicious but we could only make 1 meal out of them. I think I hadn't watered the potatoes at the bottom enough and so the dry soil meant they didn't grow very big. Next year I will know better. We ate one of our courgettes - Springy was fascinated by the large, orange flowers - it was delicious. We've got strawberries, tomatoes and blueberries yet to come (and the chives are continuing well).

I've made a knitted horse, a knitted pig and am in the process of stuffing and stitching a lamb. I'm really pleased at the progress with my own knitting because it will make it much easier for me to teach Springy.

We're going to my parents in a few weeks and I cannot wait because my Oma will be there too.

The day after the Solstice always feels a little sad for me because I think, oh the days will be starting to grow shorter again. I love the long days and I like waking up to the light.

No comments: