We had a lovely morning playing in the garden. Springy and I played kicking the ball with the swing as a goal. We each had ten kicks and Springy got five (with a little help) "goals" in whereas I got three. We then played bounce the ball and catch which was great fun. Springy decided that if we missed we had to sit on the ball and cluck like a chicken.
This afternoon Springy went swimming and she is doing so well, as is her friend C. C swims like a mermaid in that she can swim really well but best of all under the water, rather than on top. They did star floats, mushroom floats, swam on their backs and on their fronts, had to turn over in the water and so on and they worked so hard at everything.
Yesterday, Springy did a bit of fingerknitting and managed to use a whole ball of wool. Her daddy and I were so amazed. Next of all will be needle knitting.
I'm knitting a number of gifts at the moment. I made Springy a little blue horse and a friend of mine who has twin daughters will be receiving a pig and a lamb in the post for their first birthday. I'm using the patterns from The First Book of Knitting by Bonnie Gosse. It's brilliant and I finally understand knitting. I've noticed that since my awareness of Waldorf education has increased and since I've been putting into practice some of the elements of it, it has acted in a good way on me too. I went on a bicycle at the weekend which is very brave considering it must be almost 15 years since I last had a go and I'm very clumsy. I've noticed my motor control has been improving - I've always been good at fiddly, small things but it's the medium and gross areas that I have often had difficulty with.
This afternoon Springy went swimming and she is doing so well, as is her friend C. C swims like a mermaid in that she can swim really well but best of all under the water, rather than on top. They did star floats, mushroom floats, swam on their backs and on their fronts, had to turn over in the water and so on and they worked so hard at everything.
Yesterday, Springy did a bit of fingerknitting and managed to use a whole ball of wool. Her daddy and I were so amazed. Next of all will be needle knitting.
I'm knitting a number of gifts at the moment. I made Springy a little blue horse and a friend of mine who has twin daughters will be receiving a pig and a lamb in the post for their first birthday. I'm using the patterns from The First Book of Knitting by Bonnie Gosse. It's brilliant and I finally understand knitting. I've noticed that since my awareness of Waldorf education has increased and since I've been putting into practice some of the elements of it, it has acted in a good way on me too. I went on a bicycle at the weekend which is very brave considering it must be almost 15 years since I last had a go and I'm very clumsy. I've noticed my motor control has been improving - I've always been good at fiddly, small things but it's the medium and gross areas that I have often had difficulty with.
No comments:
Post a Comment