skip to main |
skip to sidebar
February 2011
The history of weights and measures is complicated but really fascinating. We've not done much on measures other than walking around the house seeing how many thumbs etc it would take to measure the table and so on. Then we demonstrated h...ow having different people's fingers, thumbs, elbows and so on would be not much use in terms of consistency so we got out rules and tape measures to work with inches and centimetres. We've weighed each other and covered it in baking. However, I'm reading up on the history of weights pounds, ounces and so on and trying to decide whether to try and approach this again later on in the year (after I've understood it myself but I now know where the d came from in old money, at least I think I do).
The crowsfoot is starting to appear and there are some wild primroses. There were 2 skylarks singing away over their territories. I'm soaked because i had to wash Lily (and remind me never to feed her sweetcorn again!) and Violet the Pekin bantam (very froo froo feathers so she gets really dirty - like a feather duster).
22nd February - Springy and I had a great time at the Willow workshop. The morning was spent harvesting willow withies (well I mainly watched whilst Springy had a go). We then helped the group to plant some willow withies in the ground. Then it was lunch. We then helped build a willow dome and she had a great time doing some gardening (mainly digging soil) in the greenhouse (an industrial one).
18th February - we had a lovely ML this morning. We sang our morning verse and then did a poem on Spring and a movement verse on horses. Springy then worked on nouns. After that I went to my yoga class and that wiped me out so I had an afternoon nap.
No comments:
Post a Comment