We've done the Old Testament stories in relation to The Creation, the story of Adam and Eve and the Garden of Eden (which Springy thought was unfair), the tale of Noah and his Ark (and again Springy thought this was unfair against the animals who got left to drown), Joseph and His Coat and the story of Moses in the bulrushes. We went to see the Tutankhamun exhibit at the Musuem of Museums in December which tied in to Egypt and Moses.
We're reading Farmer Boy as our read aloud (although 9-year change Springy doesn't like it).
Springy can manage knitting basic knit stitches but I need to find her a teacher because I'm not getting it through in the right way to her. I also have a spinning contact (the same as the knitting tutor) who I hope can give her a lesson in spinning wool. She's done weaving before and also is a member of the Embroidery Guild so has done some interesting projects through that. I'd also like to get her going with crochet but again I'm limited in my own skills with it.
Our building was a willow dome. We still need to find a yurt to look at. We studied about igloos earlier in the autumn.
I still need to do more on weights and measures.
In relation to farming, we have some seed potatoes. Money is tight as usual but I'm hoping to get a raised planter to have some carrots and leeks or salad crops this year. I bought Springy a child-sized garden fork so she can dig up the back bed herself and turn it into her own vegetable patch (or flowers or herbs). I hope to get a little garden rake and hoe as well for her (I noticed her enthusiasm when she played with some real but child-sized tools the other week).
Sunday, 27 February 2011
Class Three Steiner blocks and lessons
Labels:
9-year change,
class three,
den building,
Farming,
gardening,
knitting,
spelling,
spinning,
Steiner Waldorf
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment