Today we made homemade pizza for lunch (from the Baking Bread With Children book) and then we made a Dundee cake for my husband's birthday.
Springy still has a cough but it's not so bad during the day. I am still full of a bad cold and am going to see a consultant in the New Year because my GP thinks there may be more to my throat problems than just repeatedly catching colds (plus I lose my voice on a regular basis all through the year - it often cuts out).
Yesterday we talked about a dozen and half a dozen. Springy knew what a dozen was but was confused as to what half a dozen meant. I told her to find 12 things and to put them on the floor. She then had to divide them in half. We also did some work on paper with my drawing out a number of dots (even) and Springy having to put a line through them to divide them in half. She can halve a pizza or other things in the kitchen but for some reason she's not getting it when applied to non-edible things. Anyway, we kept working through and she understood and I think it was more of a case of the way I was saying it confused her.
It's pretty hard doing anything much at the moment because I keep coughing and getting very short of breath.
I am so grateful for computer-based technology at the moment. Last night, since I can barely talk let alone do a complete story, Springy and I listened to the next few episodes of the Advent story at Waldorf Radio.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment