Sunday, 31 August 2008

Yesterday and today - so different

Yesterday was a beautiful day. The sun shone, it was warm and we went to the beach. We had a lovely time. I stayed at the flat for most of the time and knitted and Springy and C went body boarding (well Springy did - C supervised) and then Springy dug along the breakwaters in the sand. "Can you tell I'm having a good time, Mummy?" was her question - yes, I could because she was smiling and covered in wet sand. She was looking at anemones on the breakwaters and gently touching the ones with their tentacles in. We spotted barnacles, mussels and then did a bit of fossil hunting. Some men were digging up lugworms and they had a little group of children with them so Springy got to play with them. I also found some hermit crabs and brought them up shore for the children to see. We then returned them to the water.

Today the rain came. It's so grey and damp out there. We had about an hour or two late morning/early afternoon that was grey but dry so the bantams and guineapig girls went out on the lawn to have a graze. Springy has found that if she picks up the pullet and takes her to the bottom of the garden she will run very quickly, using her wings with a flap, to be back with the hen. It's very funny but I've said to Springy she must not do it too often because it could stress the pullet.

No comments: