Friday, 2 May 2008

It's May

I was really ill last night. I have a cold and as the evening went on my ear got worse and worse. As a child I used to have lots of earache and would be dosed up on antibiotics (I'm now allergic to most antibiotics). It took me back. I used to scream and cry. Last night I cried and cried because the pain was so unbearable. My husband gave me some paracetamol and Ibuprofen to counteract it but neither worked (my limbs felt great though). In the end I went downstairs (dizzy as well) and crushed some garlic and stuck that in my ear. I felt it start to work - it burns but garlic has antimicrobial and anti-viral properties. My husband helped with some olive oil in my ear (took the edge off the garlic) and this morning I'm feeling loads better.

Anyway, the last few days we have been reading chapters from The Dolls House by Rumer Godden. We've been feeding the ducks who beg at our door for bread. Springy and C went on a bike ride yesterday afternoon whilst I did some work. We went shopping several times yesterday and this past week I knitted my daughter a guineapig.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/25250744@N06/2438489679/

No comments: