Saturday, 12 January 2008

New Year Sleep

Our bedtime rhythm has gone very awry over the winter holidays.

After a meltdown last night at 11pm (I was the one in meltdown - floods of tears), we have decided (after a midnight discussion) that 9pm is lights off time for Springy, otherwise both she and I are exhausted the next day and it's been building up.

The plan is:

8-8-30pm - in pyjamas, tiny amount of supper and toothbrush.
8.30pm - bedtime story (which is Milly-Molly-Mandy at the moment)
and then until 9pm Springy can play or read.
9pm is lights out (the landing light may stay on but that is it, if I need to go downstairs - or we get "I'm scared") with a kiss and tucking in.

I'm not even going to think about moving lights out to 8pm yet, because just getting to anything less than 10pm at the moment would be miraculous.

No comments: