skip to main |
skip to sidebar
August 2011 so far...
Today we
went blackberry picking, got some local apples and plums and then had a birthday lunch. Washing is out, hens are out, piggies are out and the 2 'baby piggy' hamsters are fast asleep and so is C.
The baby piggy hamsters are in fact just hamsters. We're hamster sitting at the moment.
This morning I woke up to breakfast in bed (our little hen eggs scrambled and toast) and a hanging basket of flowers outside. C also got me a Motorhead t-shirt for my birthday. You're never too old to rock n' roll.
On Wednesday we went to our local outdoor museum. Springy and her friend had a great time doing skip rope jumps, playing jacks and talking through tin can telephones. They also had a great time with soapwort and a bucket of water. I'm hoping to grow some. I also found out that the ground elder that I haven't poisoned (my garden is organic) is edible. I just thought it was animal fodder but the Romans used to have it as salad. If only a Roman legion would march through I could get them to eat it all.
No comments:
Post a Comment