We've been utilising the Christopherus Second grade curriculum as our scaffolding. Although Springy would be in Third Grade I feel that because we deviated from the traditional Waldorf curriculum last year that I want to back track a bit and go over things until January.
We've started with a mini maths block and have been using Four in a Row maths games. Springy has done some lovely pictures in her Main Lesson book so far including squirrels for maths (as outlined in Christopherus).
The Christopherus package is quite pricey but the plus side is I enjoy the way Donna Simmons writes. She's like a warm cup of cocoa with her words - comforting and friendly. The downside is there is still quite a lot of working out to do at times and I wish the material were all together, rather in separate books at times as there is quite a bit of fiddling back and forth. That said, I'm beginning to understand more on Waldorf again to the Class/Grades approach.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment