We've had a lovely day. I did a blackboard drawing yesterday (I'm not very good at drawing but always have a go) in anticipation of the Spring Equinox and drew a daffodil and a primrose and also a night sky with moon and stars and a sun in a paler blue sky.
I wrote down:
SPRING EQUINOX
NIGHT = DAY
and we talked about spring. Springy came up with the following words that remind her of spring:
birds, flower, warm, sun, daffodil, hyacinth, primrose, tulip, lamb
Then I asked her to use her magic book (main lesson book) to do a picture in. She got frustrated by it so we used some ordinary sheets of paper for her to practice on first. She still hasn't put a picture (apart from a partially drawn robin) in the magic book but it may take a few days. Then I asked her to go out in the garden and count how many daffodils there are. She found 5 patches of them and then I asked her to count them because the fairies need to know how many there are in each patch. We did a bit of mental arithmetic adding up how many altogether. Lily-pup was out there with her, charging about and stopping to listen to birds, trying to get the chickens (who are in the run) to play with her and then Springy made a mud pie. Yum to mud pies - every child should make mud pies. I asked Springy to wear a hat because the sun is strong enough to be a summer's day today.
Thursday, 19 March 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment