Friday, 27 February 2009

Springy has fever

Springy had her MMR just over a week ago now and seems to have come down with something...not sure whether it won't turn into measles which is the one of the three that she hasn't had. I ummed and ahhed about vaccinating her - decided that at this time it would be best option because she's no longer breastfeeding and she's 7 and increasing in age. Vaccines are not an easy choice to make because their are pros and cons on both sides and then there are us parents in the middle, trying to do what is best for our own child/ren.

Anyway, I'm typing whilst Springy has a short nap. I've been patting her down with a cold damp flannel and giving her lots of fluids including elderflower tea (home gathered).

She had Brownies last night - a trial - and really enjoyed it and wants to keep going. They had pancakes and a pancake race. They were a really loud bunch - more like boggarts than brownies! Nevertheless Springy and I both feel that she will benefit greatly and have lots of fun and learn loads from the group.

No comments: