Thursday, 24 May 2007

May the Force be With you

Well, at the end of this month (the 28th) it will be 30 years since Star Wars first came out (I also have a special friend whose birthday it is).

I've not blogged much but we have been very busy and learning loads.

I have a new book on block crayon techniques from a Steiner school perspective. It is excellent and I've been teaching myself from it by practising the lessons within. Sigi's book (Sigi De Francesca MA Ed) is just brilliant (this is her website http://www.kitntales.com/).

E has done loads of things recently - birthday parties, nature walks, playground visits, shopping, drawing, painting, crafts, library trips, playing outside in the garden, caring for her guineapigs, getting new shoes (pink ones) and more playing.

We sat out in the garden tonight and did some pictures. If she was at school I would be worrying that it was already bed time and we wouldn't have so much time together and the closeness that we have.

The other day she amazed me because I'd talked to her about odd and even numbers (not in any depth and not in an engaging the head too much way but just matter of fact because she had asked) for while now and I was printing off the A Little Garden Flower kindergarten e-book and because I had to reverse the pages I was sorting them out for the printer - counting out loud 1, 3, 5, 7 and then E continued the rest of the sequence until the late 80s/early 90s (in odd numbers).

We've been reading a Reg Down book featuring Tiptoes Lightly:

http://www.tiptoes-lightly.net/

I really like the stories - they are short and flow nicely. I love the way the story finishes and E wants to know what happens in the next story (great for bedtime or for a regular story session).

No comments: